How You Can Help
Please contact your legislators today!
Keeping Maryland’s waterways safe means managing and eliminating stormwater runoff.
- Causes beach closures, makes swimming dangerous.
- Threatens Maryland seafood.
- Causes localized flooding and property damage.
Maryland has a polluted runoff law that helps make our waters swimmable and fishable! The polluted runoff law
- Helps property values by keeping nearby rivers and streams healthy.
- Ensures that Maryland seafood is healthy and safe.
- Allows watermen and others to continue to make their living on the Bay.
- Protects homeowners and communities from pollution and flooding.
Some people are trying to repeal Maryland’s polluted runoff law — they’re even calling it a “rain tax.” That’s clever but deceptive! Local governments are assessing fees on hard surfaces — rooftops, driveways and parking lots — that produce excessive runoff. It is an equitable way to ensure all users — individuals and businesses — contribute to the effort to reduce polluted runoff.
We need you to contact your legislators today! Send an e-mail to your elected officials in support of the clean water campaign and the polluted runoff law.
Send an email
Or, call your State Senator and Delegate and let them know why clean water is important to you. Look up your elected officials’ contact info here.
Join the list of supporting organizations calling for clean water and healthy families in Maryland! Support the Polluted Runoff law!
Complete this form and email back to firstname.lastname@example.org to express your support for clean water. View a list of organizations that have already signed on here.